SHARP EXPANDS 3D READY DLP BRILLIANTCOLOR PROFESSIONAL PROJECTOR SUITE
Sharp adds 5 new projectors to rapidly expanding 3D Ready projector offerings for a total of 10
Las Vegas, NV, June 9, 2010 --
- Sharp adds five new projectors to rapidly expanding 3D Ready projector offerings for a total of ten
- Available in brightness from 2500 to 5000 lumens, in both XGA and HD Compatible Wide-XGA Resolutions
- Short-throw model joins the line-up – 100" diagonal WXGA image from a throw of only 5' 1"
Sharp today announces the addition of five 3D Ready DLP® BrilliantColor™ professional projectors to its growing
3D line-up, offering a variety of brightness levels, resolutions and features for almost any
venue or application. Available in two different chassis sizes, the new projectors are well suited for classrooms, corporate meeting rooms,
scientific and medical imaging, architecture and engineering, houses of worship, rental/staging and other public venues.
The series incorporates DLP Link technology and when used with compatible 3D content, PC/graphics card and optional 3D active shutter
3D glasses that support the DLP® Link™ System, this full suite of models captivates audiences with breathtaking
3D imagery.* The new projectors feature DLP BrilliantColor technology for superior color accuracy, creating truer, more vibrant colors.
These models also offer several features for energy savings, including low standby power consumption and expanded lamp life when
operated in eco mode.
The addition of these projectors rounds out a full-featured suite, including:
- PG-D50X3D – 5000 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution
- PG-D3550W – 3500 Lumens, WXGA Native Resolution
- PG-D3050W – 3000 Lumens, WXGA Native Resolution
- PG-D2870W – 3000 Lumens, WXGA Native Resolution; short-throw
- PG-D2510X – 2500 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution (replaces the PG-D2500X introduced earlier this year)
- PG-D45X3D – 4500 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution.
- PG-D40W3D – 4000 Lumens, WXGA Native Resolution.
- PG-D3510X – 3500 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution.
- PG-D3010X – 3000 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution.
- PG-D2710X – 2700 Lumens, XGA Native Resolution.
“We’re confident in the adoption of 3D technology, as education, corporate, government, medical, engineering, simulation and even
museum and trade show displays begin to integrate 3D into meetings and presentations for an interactive, immersive experience,” said Bruce
Pollack, associate director of marketing, Professional Display Division, Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. “These
projector introductions build on our initial 3D line-up and we now have a wide selection of 10 models to suit a variety of customer needs –
with different brightness levels and several HD compatible Wide XGA options. We’ve also added a short-throw model, along with an
optional wall mount, for classrooms and meeting rooms with limited space.”
Convenience and Ease of Use
These 3D Ready DLP BrilliantColor projectors offer several features for ease-of-use and convenience in any professional setting. An on-
screen setup guide and “help” function ensures easy setup and operation out of the box. A wireless remote includes direct access to the 3D
function along with a built-in spotlight function and an on-screen pointer to help guide attendees through presentations. These units also
offer a low cost of ownership and low maintenance thanks to the sealed DLP chip with filter-free design. Furthermore, a unique slide lens
cover protects the lens from dust and provides an instant lens shutter. As a safety feature, if the lens cover is closed for more than 30
minutes, the projector is automatically turned off. A shutter door on the lamp housing helps keep the glass confined in the event of lamp
breakage and the user replaceable lamp assembly offers front access on several models for easy replacement.
These new projectors offer extensive connectivity. The new PG-D50X3D and current PG-D45X3D include an HDCP compliant DVI-I
terminal for use with both analog and digital RGB sources. The new PG-D3550W, PG-D3050W and PG-D2870W, and current PG-
D40W3D offer HDMI® connectivity. All ten models provide analog RGB and component inputs, S-video, composite
video, as well as RGB loop-through, an RS-232C port and a USB input for mouse control. The projectors also offer powerful sound, with
10 watts stereo audio (5W + 5W) on the new PG-D50X3D and current PG-D45X3D and PG-D40W3D and 7 watts on the other models
in the line-up. The projectors have a built-in network connection with an RJ-45 LAN Connector** for remote control and access by a
web browser for diagnostics and automatic e-mail of product status. An enhanced anti-theft design includes a reinforced metal security bar
and metal security plate and an optional ultra-heavy-duty security cable kit for use with ceiling bracket.
The projectors are backed by a three-year parts and labor limited warranty including three years of Sharp industry-leading 24-hour
turnaround “ER” Express Repair support. The warranty on the user-replaceable projection lamp is 90 days.
Availability and Pricing
- The PG-D50X3D will be available in June at a Manufacturer’s Suggested List Price (MSLP) of $2,995.
- The PG-D3550W will be available in July at a MSLP of $2,095.
- The PG-D3050W will be available in July at a MSLP of $1,650.
- The PG-D2870W will be available in July at a MSLP of $1,595.
- The PG-D2510X will be available in July at a MSLP of $1,095.
- The PG-D45X3D is available at a MSLP of $2,795
- The PG-D40W3D is available at a MSLP of $2,795
- The PG-D3510X is available at a MSLP of $2,095
- The PG-D3010X is available at a MSLP of $1,395
- The PG-D2710X is available at a MSLP of $1,145
For more information, please write to Sharp Electronics Corporation, Professional Display Division, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, N.J. 07495-
1163, call 866-4-VISUAL (866-484-7825) or e-mail ProLCD@SharpUSA.com. Follow Sharp on Twitter @Sharp_USA.
# # #
* When not being used for 3D projection, these models offer full compatibility with traditional “2D” content.
** RJ-45 LAN not included on PG-D2510X