Sharp Announces The Next Generation of AQUOS BOARD™ Interactive Display Systems
Sharp's newest AQUOS BOARD™ displays boost effortless communication and collaboration through a range of intuitive features
MAHWAH, NJ, May 20, 2014 – Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America (SIICA), a division of Sharp Electronics Corporation announces its new generation of AQUOS BOARD™ interactive display systems, which further enables smooth and effortless communication between colleagues, classmates, and others in a wide variety of settings.
The four new interactive display systems have key enhancements from Sharp's original AQUOS BOARD series. Some of the new features include:
- Simultaneous Writing: Recognizing up to 10 points of contact, the new line of AQUOS BOARD interactive display systems allows up to four people to write on the screen at the same time using touch pens or their fingers.
- New Display Technology Minimizes Glare and Fingerprints: Protecting the screen is an anti-glare film that works to reduce glare and reflections while minimizing fingerprint soiling.
- Faster Touch Response Rate: The new LCD multi-touch displays give users a more natural experience, nearly eliminating any delay, by refreshing the position information of the touch pen at a maximum of 200 times per second. This offers users a drawing speed faster than the original AQUOS BOARD interactive display systems.
- Smooth, Highly Responsive Touch Pen - The touch pen gives a smooth experience that's similar to the traditional dry-erase board experience.
- Ability to Communicate to Mobile Devices – The AQUOS BOARD can push out content directly to connected mobile devices. Users can securely overlay their notes and messages directly onto presentations and save for future use without affecting original content.
Additional improvements include an expanded number of digital interface ports, an on-screen touch menu and front facing speakers that help provide an intuitive and easy-to-use experience.
"Our first generation AQUOS BOARD displays have been a tremendous success, and have received praise from customers and the industry alike. The AQUOS BOARD line dominates the U.S. Large Format Touch Display Market and the newest release improves on its performance," said Mike Marusic, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Operations, Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. "With its enhanced features and functionality that will address customers' changing needs and enable easier collaboration and communication, we are confident that this next generation of the AQUOS BOARD series will help us maintain our position as the leading brand in this category."
The new lineup consists of two 70" class (69 1/2" diagonal) and two 60" class (60 1/16" diagonal) models. Within each size class there is an A version model and a B version model. A significant difference exists between the A and B models, which ultimately increases the AQUOS BOARD's versatility. The PN-L703B/603B have an open platform model, which requires a connection to an external PC. This allows users to operate any Windows-based application they choose to on the board, increasing how users can communicate, collaborate and disseminate information using the display. The PN-L703A/603A models feature a built-in, embedded controller with pre-installed Pen Software for instant start-up and Touch Display Link 2 functionality. A PC is no longer required to use these displays as an interactive whiteboard; making it ideal for environments in which the display must be easily transferred from room to room, or for AV rental applications.
The PN-L703B and PN-L603B will be available for purchase via authorized Sharp Dealers and Distributors in late May. The PN-L703A and PN-L603A models will be available later this summer.
About Sharp Electronics Corporation
Sharp Electronics Corporation is the U.S. subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a worldwide developer of one-of-a-kind home entertainment products, appliances, networked multifunctional office solutions, and mobile communication and information tools. Leading brands include AQUOS® LED HD and 4K televisions, Insight® Microwave Drawer® ovens and Plasmacluster® air purifiers. Sharp has been named one of the Most Admired Brands in America and one of the 20 Most Loved Companies globally.
Sharp is the #1 selling brand in the U.S. for 60+ inch Large-Format Commercial Displays through B2B Sales Channels*. Sharp's professional and commercial displays are specially engineered for business applications and are offered in a wide range of sizes. From high-impact displays for digital signage, to our award-winning ultra-thin bezel video walls, to the innovative AQUOS BOARD™ interactive display systems, Sharp products help you communicate, collaborate and disseminate information brilliantly.
*According to NPD DisplaySearch Monthly Large-Format Commercial Displays Report, January 2014.
For more information about the complete line of Sharp professional displays, contact Sharp Electronics Corporation, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, N.J., 07495-1163. For online product information, visit www.sharpusa.com/monitors.
Become a fan of Sharp Business on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.
Peppercomm for Sharp
# # #