Sharp data security kit
Today's networked office equipment retains document data that can accidentally or maliciously disclose confidential document data, which could seriously impact your business. To mitigate this threat, Sharp offers a scalable suite of security solutions geared toward preserving the confidentiality of your digital document data.
The optional Data Security Kit (DSK) helps protect and control major MFP systems and subsystems (print, copy, scan, fax jobs, network settings, operating system, memory components, local user interface, engine and job controller). The DSK uses the 128/256 bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm on all data before it is written to RAM or Flash memory and the hard disk. The DSK also provides overwriting routines for deleted data, to ensure all information is virtually irretrievable by unauthorized users.
Sharp was the first to address security in digital imaging and received the first Common Criteria Validation for an MFP in 2001. Even today, Sharp remains the highest rated company for validated MFP products, and is regarded as one of the industry's greatest security innovators. Businesses and government agencies worldwide have come to depend on this level of assurance that Sharp pioneered and for which it continues to set the benchmark.
- Sensitive data does not remain on the print/copy device
- Helps companies conform to Data Privacy legislation
- Helps reduce your exposure to liability due to data leak
- Encrypts data prior to being stored in Memory
- Encrypts all data stored in the HD file cabinet
- All memory cleared after copy, scan and print use
- Runs automatically without user initiation
Download How Sharp MFPs comply with IEEE-2600™ 2008 security standard