installation services terms and conditions
These are the Sharp Direct Installation Services Terms and Conditions (“Installation Terms and Conditions”) governing your purchase of installation services from Sharp Direct. Please be sure to read these Installation Terms and Conditions carefully and in their entirety. If you do not agree with these Installation Terms and Conditions, do not proceed to schedule an appointment for the installation. If you have any questions regarding these Installation Terms and Conditions, please call Customer Service at 1-877-742-7704.
The installation services provided pursuant to these Installation Terms and Conditions are for labor-only services for the initial, first-time installation of one consumer electronic product purchased in conjunction with the installation service you ordered.
Important Facts About Your Installation
- Installation services are performed by Installs inc, LLC. Installations will be completed by a licensed installer technician, certified by Installs inc.
- Installation services are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of installation by Installs inc. Please refer to the Limited Installation Warranty below for additional details.
- Installation services are only available for installations in residential dwellings; installation services will not be performed in commercial establishments.
- Installation technicians may, in their sole discretion, refuse to install products and/or accessories for any reason, including, but not limited to, products and/or accessories that are incompatible, are or appear to be damaged, are inappropriate for installation, exhibit signs of excessive wear or are deemed unsafe. Products which are not new, or are damaged, will be documented before the installation begins. Customers may be subject to a trip charge should the installation technician conclude the proposed installation is unsafe and should the installation therefore not be completed.
- If applicable, installation technicians are able to conceal wires only through an attic, crawl space or vertically through walls. Wires will not be run horizontally through walls.
- A pre-existing AC power outlet must be accessible in order to install your consumer electronic product(s) on the wall.
- Electrical codes do not permit the concealment of an AC power cord within or behind walls.
- You will be charged at the time your order is placed. Once the installation is completed, the cost of the installation is not refundable. Should you have any questions regarding your installation, please contact Installs inc. at the contact information provided below. Please also refer to the Limited Installation Warranty set forth below for more information concerning your rights.
- Installations are only available in the 48 contiguous States in the United States.
- You may be required to purchase additional hardware and accessories to complete your installation. Some of the hardware and accessories necessary to complete or complement your installation may be ordered directly from Sharp Direct by calling 1-877-742-7704.
- Extra charges may apply in the event additional work is necessary to complete the installation, including, but not limited to, carpentry, electrical work, floor covering modifications, moving of furniture, additional wire, parts and/or accessories.
- Schedule an appointment with Installs inc. within 30 days of receipt of your products from Sharp Direct. Your appointment date must be scheduled no later than 60 days after receipt of your products from Sharp Direct.
- Review carefully your installation needs, your installation plans and the accessories and hardware you have and/or need to facilitate and complete the installation with the Installs inc representative who will be contacting you within 48-hours of your purchase to conduct a pre-installation survey.
- Contact Sharp Direct immediately at 1-877-742-7704, but in no event later than 5pm Central Time of the business day before your installation appointment, in the event your installation appointment must be cancelled so as to avoid being subject to a trip charge. Cancellation requests are not valid until confirmed in writing by Sharp Direct.
- Ensure the product(s) to be installed, the installation site and required hardware and accessories required to facilitate and complete your installation are prepared and ready in the room of the installation prior to the arrival of the installation technician. You may be subject to an additional charge for failure to prepare the product, the installation site, or the required hardware and accessories prior to the arrival of the installation technician.
- Move or rearrange furniture to provide accessibility and a safe, adequate work space for the installation technician.
- Provide a sufficient amount of power, power sources, power cords and, if applicable, surge protectors that are readily available to the installation technician and/or safely accessible to the installation site. The installation technicians will not move or install AC power sources or feeds of television signals from cable, satellite or other sources.
- Dispose of the packaging materials and trash following the installation. Although the installation technicians will clean up the work site and remove any packaging materials to the outside of your home, ultimately, it is your responsibility to arrange for the final disposal of any packaging materials or trash related to the installation.
- Ensure that an adult (someone at least 18 years of age) is present while the installation technician is in your home to perform the installation.
- Keep children and all pets away from the installation site to ensure they do not interfere, impede or get injured during the installation process.
- AN ADULT (AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE) MUST BE PRESENT AT ALL TIMES DURING THE ENTIRE INSTALLATION PROCESS.
- In the event you or your authorized representative fails to meet a scheduled installation appointment, you may be charged a trip charge for the missed appointment.
Contact Information for Installs inc
As stated above, Sharp Installation Services are fulfilled by Installs inc, LLC. Any written notices or installation-specific questions or concerns should be forwarded to:
Installs inc, LLC
241 Main Street, 5th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203
Your Limited Installation Warranty
INSTALLS inc. warrants to you, the Customer and the original purchaser of the Consumer Electronic Products (Equipment) that, for a period of one (1) year after the date of installation of the Equipment by INSTALLS inc., the Equipment has been installed in a good and workmanlike manner in accordance with any installation requirement of the Equipment manufacturer. INSTALLS inc. will correct any installation defects at no cost to you, provided that INSTALLS inc. is notified of the defect within the one (1) year period.
This limited warranty is void, and INSTALLS inc. has no further obligations to you under it, if the Equipment is installed, removed, tampered with, repaired or relocated by anyone other than a certified INSTALLS inc. technician.
In the event that you experience any problem with the Service that is attributable to improper installation, INSTALLS inc’s only liability to you, and your sole and exclusive remedy, shall be the correction of installation defects and the repair or replacement of any equipment damaged during original installation and/or reinstallation of the equipment.
INSTALLS inc. has no responsibility for defects in the Equipment or parts used in connection with Equipment installations. Equipment and parts shall only be as warranted by the supplier and any claims shall be made solely against the supplier.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." INSTALLS INC MAKES NO OTHER LIMITED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. INSTALLS INC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES.
LIMITATION OF REMEDY. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIMITED WARRANTY, YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND INSTALLS INC'S ENTIRE, COLLECTIVE LIABILITY IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT. IF INSTALLS INC IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE SUCH SERVICE, YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND INSTALLS INC'S ENTIRE LIABILITY WILL BE THE PAYMENT OF ACTUAL DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED THE CHARGE PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICE OR, IF NO CHARGE WAS PAID, THE THEN-CURRENT PUBLISHED CHARGE FOR THIS AGREEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL INSTALLS INC BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, COST, PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS OR EARNINGS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, DE-INSTALLATION, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE EQUIPMENT, OR OUT OF THE USE OF ANY SERVICE MATERIALS PROVIDED HEREUNDER.
THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF (i) INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR (ii) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.