Terms & Conditions
This document sets forth the entire Contract between the Service Contract Administrator hereinafter referred to as We, Us and Our, and, the Purchaser as You and Your. No representation, promise or condition herein shall modify these terms. Service Net Solutions, LLC (“Service Net”) is contractually obligated to You to provide service under this Contract where in accordance with, and as allowed by state law. If this Contract is purchased in Florida, Technology Insurance Company is contractually obligated to You to provide service under this Contract.
WHAT IS COVERED
We will furnish labor, parts, and/or replacement equipment (or pay for same) necessary to repair operational or mechanical breakdowns of the product specified in this Contract, provided such service is necessitated by product failure during normal usage. The product specified and covered includes only equipment as originally configured and charged for in the Service Contract. The total liability under this Contract is the purchase price You paid for this Product minus the sales tax. Liability excludes the Service Contract Price. In the event We replace the Product with a comparable Product or reimburse You for the original purchase price minus claims paid and sales tax, We shall have satisfied all obligations owed under this contract. We may elect, at Our option, to buyout the Contract during the coverage term for the total retail price minus claims paid and sales tax.
Power Surge and Spike: This plan protects against operational or mechanical failure of a covered product if a failure occurs while properly connected to a surge protector approved by the Underwriter’s Laboratory. Your surge protector may be collected by the Administrator for examination.
The following products may be covered if listed on the attached Service Contract: Home Office Equipment, Major Appliances, Electronics. All functional internal factory installed parts such as bearings, circuit boards, clocks and timers, controls, internal wiring, motors, power supplies, resistors, safety switches, switches, and transformers are covered.
Repairs recommended by the repairing facility not necessitated by mechanical breakdown are not covered unless specifically authorized by Us. We reserve the right to inspect the items to be covered, or the items covered, as the case may be, prior to coverage or during the coverage period. Model number, serial number and original date of purchase of all items to be covered must be provided to execute application for service. If You request a service call for a non-covered repair, You will be responsible for all costs associated with the repair. In the event You are unable to meet the servicer, You must call to cancel the appointment in advance of the agreed upon time of service. You may be responsible for paying the second trip charge for the subsequent rescheduled repair. If the product is found to be performing to the manufacturer’s specifications, it will be returned to You.
TIME FOR SERVICE
Service will be performed during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
PLACE OF SERVICE
Service will be provided by a manufacturer authorized service center, or the Dealer named in this Contract. After We authorize Your claim, We will arrange for service and We will cover the reasonable parts and labor costs that We authorize. You may be asked to provide proof of purchase as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract. Your original purchase receipt should be kept with this service Contract in a safe place.
(a) On-Site Service: On-Site service will be provided for Major Appliances, including over-the-range microwaves, microwave drawers and convection ovens, and all televisions with a screen size greater than 26”. On-Site Service will be provided when your residence is located within fifty (50) miles of an authorized service provider. If you are entitled to on-site service but due to environmental and/or technical requirements, certain repairs can not be completed in Your residence, or if you are located more than fifty (50) miles from the nearest authorized provider, the cost to transport and/or ship the product for service will be paid by Service Net.
(b) Carry-In Service: All other product categories are covered for carry-in or depot service.
PARTS AND SUBCONTRACTING
Parts used to repair equipment may either be new or refurbished at Our sole option. Service may be performed by subcontractors.
UNAVAILABILITY OF FUNCTIONAL PARTS OR TECHNICAL INFORMATION
If We determine that We are unable to repair Your equipment due to the unavailability of functional parts, service or technical information, the total liability owed to You under this contract will be the purchase price You paid for this Product less claims made, sales tax, and the Service Contract Price. In the event Your Product is replaced, We will determine equipment comparability. We reserve the right to offer reimbursement for the current market value of the equipment, less claims made, in lieu of service or replacement of the equipment. In all cases where parts or technical information are on extended backorder, We will determine if a replacement or reimbursement will be made. All contractual obligations are fulfilled upon product replacement, reimbursement or contract term expiration.
No deductible applies to this Contract.
This Contract is renewable.
LIMITATIONS OF COVERAGE – This Contract Does Not Cover:
1. Any equipment located outside the United States .
2. Service required as a result of any alteration of the equipment, or repairs made by anyone other than a participating servicing dealer, an authorized service provider, its agents, distributors, contractors or licensees, or the use of supplies other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
3. Damage or other equipment failure due to causes beyond our control including, but not limited to, repairs necessary due to operator negligence, the failure to maintain the equipment according to the owner’s manual instructions, abuse, vandalism, theft, fire, flood, wind, freezing, power failure, inadequate power supply, unusual atmospheric conditions, or acts of war or acts of God.
4. Service necessary because of improper storage, improper ventilation, reconfiguration of equipment, use of movement of the equipment, including the failure to place the equipment in an area that complies with the manufacturer’s published space or environmental requirements.
5. Any utilization of equipment that is inconsistent with either the design of the equipment or the way the manufacturer intended the equipment to be used. Any installation that prevents normal service. Any and all cases in which the manufacturer of the equipment would not honor any warranty regarding the equipment.
6. Equipment used in an industrial or commercial setting. An industrial or commercial setting is defined as anything other than a single family dwelling. Single family dwellings include: Houses, Townhouses, Modular Housing, Condominiums, Duplexes, and Apartments. Equipment used in recreational vehicles is not covered.
7. Nonfunctional parts, expendable items, scratches, dents, rust, hard water damages, walls . For example items such as: glass, including projection television exterior screens, handles, hinges knobs, masks, racks, rollers, and shelves. Cosmetic damage is not covered. Failures due to corrosion, rust, dust, animal or insect damage, wind, weather, scorching or damage from heat sources, scratching, denting or chipping, Consumable items such as: light bulbs, nonfunctional plastic parts, exterior/interior finishes knobs, dials, or handles, remote controls, trim and/or appearance parts or accessory items such as electrical connections and venting equipment, filters, batteries, including rechargeable batteries, bulbs, or any other parts, material and operating supplies which are designed to be consumed during the life of the product.
8. In-warranty parts not provided or shipped by the manufacturer. Operational or mechanical failure covered by manufacturer’s warranty, manufacturer’s recall, improper construction, or factory bulletins, (regardless of whether or not the manufacturer is doing business as an ongoing enterprise). Defects in the equipment due to the manufacturer’s error or improper construction of the equipment.
9. Operational or mechanical failure which is not reported prior to expiration of this Contract.
10. Plans are not available or valid on products used for: commercial purposes (multi-user organizations,) public rental or communal use.
11. Equipment sold without a manufacturer’s warranty or sold “as is”.
12. Normal , periodic or preventative maintenance, customer education and cleanings.
13. Loss or damage as a result of violation of existing federal, state and municipal codes including repairs to products not complying with said codes.
14. Pre-existing conditions (incurred prior to the effective date of coverage), and known to You.
15. Consequential damages or delay in rendering service under this agreement, or loss of use during the period that the product is at the authorized service center or otherwise awaiting parts.
16. Equipment where the serial plate attached to the equipment is removed, defaced or made illegible.
17. Television screen imperfections caused by video games, prolonged display of one or more signal(s), or other abuse. Damaged or defective LCD screens when the failure is caused by abuse or is otherwise excluded herein. All display products that are used in an application that requires continuous and/or business operation.
18. Damage resulting from unauthorized repair; damage caused during delivery, improper installation, or setup, user facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product’s owners manual, external antenna or local reception problems, inaccessible products or parts, negligence, misuse or abuse whether willful or not.
19. Payment for subsequent service calls which result in “no failure found” diagnosis. Non failure problems including but not limited to noises, squeaks, simple paper jams not requiring parts and intermittent issues are not product failures. Subsequent trip charges may need to be paid by You if a second “no failure found” diagnosis is determined based on the same problem.
20. Misuse, abuse, rentals, unauthorized repairs and/or parts by others, parts designed for replacement during the life of the product such as bulbs and filters, squeaking or other noises.
21. Transit or delivery damage, damage caused by packing, unpacking, assembly, installation, or removal. Short circuit, loss of use, parts or labor covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, lack of maintenance, bodily injury, pre-existing conditions, manufacturer’s recall, periodic checkups or maintenance. We will not pay for adjustments or repairs required because of conditions at your location.
22. Appliances over 10 years of age; Electronics and PC equipment over 5 years of age.
23. Installation, removal, or reinstallation of any equipment.
24. Products sold second hand including but not limited to floor models (unless covered by a full manufacturer’s warranty on your date of purchase) and demonstration models.
NO LEMON GUARANTEE
When three service repairs, with three separate claim numbers, have been completed on the same component, and that same component requires a fourth repair, as determined by Us, Your product will be replaced with a product of like grade and quality by Us, not to exceed the original retail purchase price. This does not include repairs necessary during the manufacturer’s warranty period. Once you have received your product replacement all contractual obligations under this Contract have been fulfilled.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
You may cancel this contract at any time for any reason. If You cancel this Contract within sixty (60) days of the date purchased You will receive a refund of the full purchase price less any claims. If You cancel this Contract thereafter, You will be refunded the remaining days of coverage on a monthly prorated basis, less costs for service performed (if applicable). You nor the Dealer nor We are obligated to renew this Contract beyond the current term. If you wish to renew this Contract, please call the toll free number listed on the front of this contract.
Certain states have specific conditions; conditions listed on the front of this form apply to You.
You may transfer this Agreement to any person by sending written notice to: Service Net, P.O. Box 1411, Jeffersonville, IN 47131-1411.
COVERAGE AND TERM
This is not an insurance policy. As the Administrator, Service Net will assist You in understanding Your warranty and coverage benefits from the day You purchase Your Plan. If Your product needs repair for operational or mechanical failure, You are required to call the toll free number listed on the front of this Contract or submit Your claim in writing to Service Net Solutions, LLC., 650 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville, In 47130. With any correspondence, please provide Your daytime phone number and claim number if applicable. If We fail to pay or provide service on a claim within 30 days after proof of loss has been filed, or in the event We are no longer a going concern, You are entitled to make a written claim directly against the Insurer, Technology Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038, in all states except CA, CT, HI, KY NV, NC, TX, WA, WI, and WY. In CA, CT, HI, KY NV, NC, TX, WA, WI, and WY; State National Insurance Company, 8200 Anderson Blvd., Ft. Worth, TX 76120. Please enclose a copy of Your plan when sending correspondence to the Insurer. The expiration date and price of this Contract are listed on the face of this Contract. There are some limitations of coverage. You should review the limitations of coverage paragraph for details.
This is the entire Contract and no other oral modifications are valid.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE DEALER/RETAILER, SERVICE NET, THEIR AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSEES WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST TIME, LOST DATA RESULTING FROM THE BREAKDOWN OR FAILURE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR FROM DELAYS IN SERVICING OR THE INABILITY TO RENDER SERVICE ON ANY COVERED EQUIPMENT. EXCLUSION IS MADE OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES MADE HEREIN.
If You have any questions, require customer service, or wish to report a claim, please contact: Service Net, 650 Missouri Ave., Jeffersonville, IN 47130. Phone 1-866-258-7190.